Thursday, October 25, 2012

Still Catching Up! ~JULY~ Part 1

July felt jam packed with things. We went on walks to feed the ducks. We even got to see some babies one time!! Two of my very best friends (and roommates in college) came back to Utah for a visit in July and we were lucky enough to get together. So much has changed in our lives but it's so fun to get together.






We went up to Bear Lake for Koby's work retreat. I didn't get any pictures of it, but we had tons of fun (except for the fact that Koby threw his back out for the second time this summer). We got to eat authentic Korean food and I tried sushi for the first time. We had one day to re-pack and head up to Pineview for our Bawden family vacation. We did a stay-cation this year and it was a BLAST!!! Seriously it was so fun! Everyone seemed to get along so well and we got to do things around Utah that Koby and I probably wouldn't do (mostly Lagoon and Cherry Hill). We arrived Saturday afternoon and got all settled in. Sunday we went to church and the park.

 Monday was a lake day. We had fun all day until right before we were about to get off the lake. It was Koby and his dad with all the women and children (not all the women and children but a lot of us). A huge storm came up and we had to get the boat and wave runners off the lake. Aubree, Leta (Koby's 16 year old niece), and I rode the wave-runners to the ramp. Everyone else rode in the boat. Surprisingly I wasn't worried about my girls, I was worried about Koby's mom. She hadn't gotten in the boat all day because of a past experience in a boat and was now forced to in scary situation. Ridding the wave runner was CRAZY!! The waves were crashing over me constantly and I could hardly see. As soon as I got to the shore I rushed to see if I could help get the kids and moms off the boat and onto dry ground. Wind was blowing like crazy and the waves were huge!! Luckily no one was hurt physically, maybe emotionally;)


Tuesday we went to Cherry Hill. I have never been there and Koby hadn't been since he was young. I thought it was really fun and Emi LOVED the kiddie pool:) They have a small slide that she could go down all by herself. We had a really fun time there. I wouldn't mind going again some day.







Wednesday was another lake day. I took the girls back early for nap time and ended up cleaning the condo instead. I should say straightening not cleaning.

                                      



Thursday we went to Lagoon. Koby and I love rides! It must be genetic because Emi loves them as well!! It was such a fun day and the girls did awesome!! Even though Emi looks unhappy in most of the pictures, she is just saying, "cheese" and that is how she looks when she says it:)

















Friday was another lake day. We went to the Oaks for dinner that night. It was a nice place right by the river. Koby and I commented many times how well all the kids had done. There wasn't a single breakdown for any of them (not just our kids but all the nieces and nephews). In the end it was ME that had the breakdown. Waiting for over an hour to be seated just isn't worth it to me, especially not after a day at the lake. Saturday Emi and Koby went swimming for a little bit and then we headed home. It was such a fun trip!! The best thing that happened was that Emi now loves her grandpa and shows him:) (She's been afraid of him for a long time, probably most of her life. We aren't sure why. It's actually been all men except for Koby)







No comments: