Wednesday, May 7, 2008

An Unfortunate Event

Yesterday did not start out very well. I wasn't feeling very good, so I decided I would set up the hammock that I bought in Ecuador. We already had hooks on some trees in our back yard cause my older brother got a hammock in Brazil, we had used the hooks a lot. So I had it all set up and had to try a couple of times to get on it. I'm not short but I wasn't able to just sit right down on it. After a couple of tries I got on. I was just getting comfortable when my mom said AJ was coming out and if he bothered me I was to send him back in. Right after that one side of my hammock fell. The small of my back landed right on a huge rock. My mom built a stream in our back yard for my sister's wedding a couple of years ago, so that is right where I landed. My mom asked if I was ok, I said "No I'm not ok, I just fell out of a tree!". Later that day my mom asked if I thought I deserved it because Sunday Chad broke a swing at the Bawden's house and landed on his butt pretty hard. I told her I didn't deserve it because I wasn't swinging hard like Chad was!! I totally know how Chad feels now though! Man it kills!! All I have to say is that I better get a really cool lookin bruise!!! Oh, and sorry for laughing at you Chad!! :)

3 comments:

KO and SJ said...

I am sorry that happened to you Mandy!!! That is terrible! I hope you didn't land in the freezing cold stream! We can't wait for Lake Powell!

Amanda and Nick said...

Oh I am sorry, falling out of a tree never feels good. I hope you get a huge bruise because if you don't it is never worth it ha ha. LOve you!!

MY KIDS, MY LIFE, OUR STORY! said...

Mandy,
That is so funny! Don't feel bad about laughing at Chad. He usually deserves it. I am just sad I missed out on seeing him do it Sunday. Hope your bum feels better soon!
LOVE YA,
Amanda