Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Week of Halloween!

This is my second very late post, well I guess I always post very late! The Monday before Halloween my throat started hurting, but it wasn't too bad. AJ came and stayed Monday night with us and we had a lot of fun! First we made some macaroni and shells for dinner then we played with my Magnetix and made a little man out of them! It was AJ's idea. He has a very good imagination!



Then it was time for AJ to go to bed, so we watched a movie so that he could get tired! He chose Elf! We tried to make popcorn and this is what happened:




My microwave does NOT like popping popcorn. Every time I try to pop popcorn it ends up burned. Well, AJ and I got really lucky cause only a couple pieces of popcorn were burned! After the movie we read a couple stories and then AJ went right to sleep, which is pretty amazing! The next day we ate Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries for breakfast. AJ doesn't get to eat this kind of cereal very often so I thought I would be nice and let him! :) After breakfast we made some more magnetix creations! AJ made up the love one all by himself-cute huh?



After that we went to Wendy's for an early lunch because I had to go to Logan. I took AJ over to Rhonda's for the afternoon. I got up to Logan and met with my advisor. I have to declare a major now or else they will put a hold on my registration. So I found out I have to take some classes at SLCC and hopefully finish by Spring 2010 semester or it could be that Fall. I thought I would be done a whole lot faster, but unfortunately it won't happen. I got home and my throat was hurting so bad I just wanted to rip it out. So I called the Bawden's to check on AJ and to see what Rhonda thought about my throat. She suggested I go to the doctors. So I went to Insta Care and waited FOR-EV-ER!!!!! After all that waiting and getting my throat swabbed I found out that it was just a viral thing and I would just have to wait it out! I was so upset. My throat was KILLING me! When I got home Koby gave me a hug and I just started crying. The whole day just didn't go the way I planned. Koby got me some cough drops and a jamba juice and then made me some soup for dinner!

The next day at work I just felt horrible. Wednesdays are my longest days at work and believe me it was an even longer day that day. I was aching all over and just wanted to go home and sit on my couch or in bed. The next day wasn't much better. I could hardly breath, swallow or talk it hurt so bad. My mom had called everyday to check on the throat situation so when she called Thursday we both decided she should bring me some easy to eat foods and some medicine. I was feeling so sad because the next day was Halloween and I hadn't seen any of the nieces and nephews for a very long time and I really wanted to see them in their Halloween costumes. I decided that if I felt better by the next day I would go see them.
Well the next day came and my throat still hurt, but I had to go see them! I mean who could resist seeing all those cute kids? I wasn't contagious so I went out to Lind and Jare's while Koby went to his cousin Dylan's football game. We had Papa Murphy's and homemade root beer for dinner and then while everyone else was trunk-or-treating my mom and I made sugar cookies and Carmel apples!




Thanks for letting me use all your stuff Lind and your neighbor!! :) Landon was an Elephant and Ty was a pumpkin! I have to say that Ty was THE CUTEST pumpkin I have ever seen!!!







After we ate dinner we decorated sugar cookies and then it was time for Koby and I to go to the Bawden's for hot chocolate and donuts! Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures at the Bawden's but I know Terah and Amanda did so if you want to see some of the cute Hannah Montana, Luke Skywalker, and a pirate go on over to their pages! :) By the end of the night I knew I had over done it. My throat hurt so bad I could hardly stand it! Koby was so understanding the whole time and took very good care of me!! :) Thanks Kob! I love you Infinity plus 10!!:)

3 comments:

Tim & M'liss said...

Thank you SO much for putting these on Mand! I know what you mean about wanting to see them in their cutie costumes sooo bad! :( They are SOO SOO SOOOO cute, aren't they!? LOL I love "What does an elephant say?...Not that!" :) I'm glad you had fun with AJ. He really is a cute kid once you get past some ... issues!:) I'm glad you're feeling better!:) Love you Mand!

Amanda and Nick said...

MAND!! I had that same virus!! It was so awful :( and they can't give you anything for it ugh. I am so sorry you had that! I was convinced it was strep but instacare also told me that it was a virus bleck. Miss you! Lets get together soon!!

Novak Caboose said...

So the new blog is very cute Mandy. I love the picture of you and Koby at the top... I felt so bad for you as I read your post about being sick. You really did feel so sick that day at work... I should have been a good coworker and convinced Kendra to send you home. Remind me next time and I will! --Melanie